Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Real Cyborgs

The Real Cyborgs
Today in class we discussed articles that described the ways in which we can manipulate our bodies using technological gadgets to maintain or enhance or way of living. Many studies and experiments to find new ways of becoming things known as cyborgs. By doing such, technological devices are used as parts of the body to help the ways they function.

I think this is great technology but I'm not sure if I agree with it 100%. I believe much more work should be done to prove that these things truly work and that they are also safe. Technology always has the possibility of malfunctioning, and when someones life is involved, that can become very dangerous. For those who have successfully taken advantage of these advancements, that is great. However, it may not be as successful for others.

I also do not think that financially, our society is ready for such technology. Although it sounds great to use technology to manipulate the body in positive ways, I still believe that such a process will be very expensive. People are currently struggling to pay hospital bills for standard procedures. To introduce this to the public may not be realistic at the moment. I also do not think the government is ready to allow this. What does it mean for the lifespan of the population? How much will all of these things cost? Will insurance be able to cover it?

All of these questions have yet to be answered. I am impressed with the progress that technology continues to make, but I don't think the rest of the world is quite ready to hop on board with the new advancements.

No comments:

Post a Comment